Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

REVIEW: Cirque Du Freak series as a whole By: Darren Shan

Cirque Du Freak
By: Darren Shan

Synopsis from A Living Nightmare

Darren Shan and his best friend, Steve, get tickets to the Cirque Du Freak, a wonderfully gothic freak show featuring weird, frightening half human/half animals who interact terrifyingly with the audience. In the midst of the excitement, true terror raises its head when Steve recognizes that one of the performers-- Mr. Crepsley-- is a vampire!

Stever remains after the show finishes to confront the vampire-- but his motives are surprising! In the shadows of a crumbling theater, a horrified Darren eavesdrops on his friend and the vampire, and is witness to a monstrous, disturbing plea. As if by destiny, Darren is pulled to Mr. Crepsley and what follows is his forrifying descent into the dark and bloody world of vampires.

This is Darren's story. 


Review:
Prior to a friends boyfriend telling me about this series I had never heard of it. Read the synopsis and was like eh another vampire book, then my best friend told me how much he loved this series. Keep in mind he doesnt read. So I said screw it and picked the first one up.

Darren Shan did a fantastic job with this series. Not only did he take a different twist on vampires, he created this amazing little world that kept me coming back for more. I loved the characters so much, and his writing style was awesome.

Couple things I didnt enjoy was there were a few filler books in my opinion[but thats not a huge deal], and well I wasnt a fan of the ending. The last book kinda seemed like a cop out to me. Yes some things he touched on in Sons Of Destiny was cool and interesting to learn about, but I didnt leave satisfied. There were still questions I felt werent totally answered. He could have wrapped this series up in such a better way without me going Uh wtf..

All in all I found this series short, fast, and a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment