Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Review: Shatter Me Series By: Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me Series
By: Tahereh Mafi
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


Review:
I went into this series extremely unsure. So many mixed reviews, so I decided im ganna go into this thinking its ganna suck. Well to my surprise I liked it.
At first I found Juliette very annoying, but then thinking about it if that was my situation Id most likely annoy the pants off myself too. With each book she grew and became so much better. Much more enjoyable to  follow and be apart of her strange little world. wasnt expecting the ending of book one at all. I really was expecting something completely different, but it wasnt to bad of a twist I guess you could say.

The world building well sucked in my opinion,but I can over look it due to it seems like a much more character driven book. Now with the love triangle.. lets just say you'll have to read the series and make your choice... Im still totally on the fence about the two boys. I found the last two books funny.
Only thing I really dis like was when she tended to repeat a thought. Example I hate myself I have myself I hate myself.  Ya really annoyed me.

All in all I did like this series even with its faults. I would recommend them but HIGHLY suggest getting to the second book before throwing it down and giving up. Yes, it isnt for everyone but honestly no one book is meant for every single person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment